Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Some Skincare Products I Currently Use Part 1: Cleansing and Exfoliation

I thought I would do a Current Skincare Routine post, but I realized it was going to be too lengthy, so I've broken it up into parts in the order in which I would normally use them. I don't always use all of them every single day, but I do use them fairly regularly. I hope you find this helpful.

1. On days that I use makeup, I go in with a makeup cleanser first. My current favorite for makeup removal is Banila Co.'s Clean it Zero, which you might have heard of since it is one of the most popular products in the Asian beauty world.


It looks like a balm, and you massage it onto your dry face. It takes off makeup like magic. Once you're done massaging it, wash it off with lukewarm water and it turns into a watery consistency that washes off easily. As you can see, I've almost finished the tub, and I will definitely try it again later, but I want to try other cleansing oils once I am done with this tub. It also comes with a spatula which I should use, but never do because I always misplace it.

[Mizo: He product hi makeup tih reh nan a tha khawp mai. Chhah deuh tup angin a langa, hmai tih huh hma in hnawih a, massage tur a ni. I nuai na lai apiang chu makeup a reh duak duak mai ang. I duh tawk i nuai tawh hnuah i kut in tui lum pep pep nen han phih la, amah hi a rawn tui (melt) a, awlsam takin a fai leh mai a ni. Ka hmang zo tep a, lei leh pawh ka duh tho naa thildang ka hman chhin chak avangin a zawh chuan ka chawl hrih ang].

2. Makeup Remover Wipes: On very lazy nights when I just do not have the stamina, I clean my face with a wipe, but I don't recommend using this unless as a last resort. It might come in handy while travelling. There are not many makeup wipes in the Indian market, so I am currently using whatever I found in my local supermarket. It's quite drying and not very effective. I used the Sephora one and the Innisfree one, and those were by far, much better.

[Mizo: Thatchhiat zual changin engmah dang ka tih peih thlawt loh chuan wipes hian ka hru thin, mahse a pawnlang tak tak bak a tihfai lem loh avangin hei chu chin fo chi a ni lo. India ah hian Makeup Wipes lei tur a tam lo hle a, ka hmuh hmasak sak ka lei a ka hmang mai. A hma in Sephora leh Innisfree siam ka hmang tawh a, an tih tlak deuh, tuna mi  hi chu a huh tawk lova a fai duh em em hranlo.


3. Facewash/ liquid cleanser: Since I like to do a double cleanse, I usually follow up with a cleanser or facewash. Currenty I am using two very simple products which I alternate in the morning and evening. The first is Patanjali Rose facewash, which is an ayurvedic product and is quite okay. To be honest I hardly ever see too much of a difference on my face based on my facewashes, so I am not very particular. The only time I complain is when a facewash leaves my skin feeling dry and stripped of all moisture, or when it has an overpowering scent. The other product I am currently using is a Vitamin E facewash by fabindia, another very natural product with no harsh chemicals.

[Double cleanse ka duh thin avangin hemi zawh ah hian ka hmai ka phih leh thin a, facewash emaw, cleanser phuan thei chi ka hmang thin. Ka hmai phih na a ka hman hi ka khirh vak lo, vun a ti ro emaw a rim a chhe viau a nih loh chuan a huat tur awm lo lo anga ka rin ka hmang tawp zel. Patanjali hi ayurvedic brand a nia, India siam, a tlawm a, a tha ve khawp mai; chu lo leh ah chuan Fabindia siam Vitamin E facewash ka hmang bawk a. An pahnih hian engmah vun han huat tur ang chi a awm lova, a tha ka ti ve reng mai. Zingah leh zanah ka hman chhawk thin].

4. Exfoliation:
               Since we need to get rid of dead skin and other unwanted gunk that has accumulated on our faces, we've been told regular exfoliation is a must. I don't exfoliate everyday, but when I do I am currently using Skinfood's Black Sugar Mask, which is a scrub + mask in one. I love it, and try to use it at least once a week. It's not too harsh. You can adjust the strength of the scrubbing effect by using it either on dry skin (for rougher exfoliation) or wet skin (for a gentler experience). In any case, one should not scrub the skin with too much enthusiasm - gentle, circular motions work best- or the skin will be more damaged than benefitted with these exfoliations. Try exfoliating for a couple of minutes, leave it on the face for at least 5 minutes, and then wash off.

[Mizo: Vun chhia paih nan leh tih mam nan exfoliate thin a ngaih vangin Skinfood hi kar khatah vawi khat tal hman ka tum thin. Nasa deuh hlek duh chuan vun ro ah scrub tur a nia, hmai sensitive deuh leh dim deuh a ti duh tan hmai tih huh hmasak in a nasa lo deuh. Hmai reng reng hi na taka scrub tur a ni lo hrim hrim a, zawi te a scrub loh chuan kan ti chhe zawk thei a ni. Minute hnih vel emaw i nuai hnuah i hmai chiah nan hman zawm nghal a, minute 5 tal dah la, chuan i phih fai leh dawn nia.]


No comments:

Post a Comment